Welcome to the Carbone Clinic
Thank you for your interest in the Carbone Clinic and our services. We are committed to providing quality applied behavior analysis (ABA) services to persons with autism and related disabilities. We offer a range of services across locations in New York and Massachusetts. Services include:
- New 1:1 ABA Services to children with autism in home-based programs (Now Enrolling in Massachusetts).
- Individual Learner Assessments of children and adults and consultation and training to parents and their instructional teams in our clinic setting.
- OutReach Services to schools, agencies and families.
- Workshops and Seminars for parents of children with disabilities and professionals who serve children with Disabilities.
Select the Services tab for descriptions of these clinic services.
Our mission is to provide evidence-based behavior analytic services to learners with autism and other developmental disabilities through direct services and training of family members and educators. We accomplish this by insuring that the learner’s progress occurs through the arrangement of teaching environments which are mostly positive and arranged to ultimately allow the learner to continue to develop language and other skills in typical community and family settings.
1. Every learner has the potential to develop skills beyond their current level and should be free of behaviors and activities that cause injury, pain, or limit opportunities for full community involvement.
2. Communication skills and other skills that lead to rewarding personal relationships, well being, vocational productivity, and self-determined daily activities should be targeted.
3. Reliance on the evidenced-based literature of the science of applied behavior analysis and its underlying assumptions will lead to the best possible learner outcomes.
4. Functional communication is the foundation that supports the development of skills in all areas and therefore B.F. Skinner’s analysis of verbal behavior and the supporting empirical work informs our treatment and instructional recommendations.
5. Reliable data which are gathered and analyzed on a schedule sufficient to make informed decisions is necessary to achieve the best outcomes for our learners.